2023 Promising Practices Application and Guidelines
If your school or district has developed and successfully implemented a character education practice, we encourage you to apply for a Wisconsin Promising Practices award.
WCEP awards scholarships to recipients of Promising Practice Awards for training in character education. Recipients will also be recognized at the Annual Character Conference.
Remember, WCEP is not looking for a description of your entire character education initiative, but rather an ongoing speciﬁc practice or aspect of your program that other schools may learn from and even replicate. The activity/program should have been in place for at least one full school year so the impact of the activity/program can assessed. Applicants are encouraged to read samples of past Promising Practices on WCEP’s website, www.wicharacter.org. You may also wish to review nationally recognized past Promising Practices on www.character.org.
If you need assistance, please contact Pam Woodard 414‐963‐1423, or email [email protected].
Please note: If you wish to be considered for a National Promising Practice Award by Character.org you must apply to them via their website www.character.org. You will find their application and information. The application is essentially the same, however, to be considered for both state and national, you must apply to each one separately, (the questions and information you supply are the same).
- Complete and submit the online application form below or download the 2023 Promising Practices Application and email it to [email protected]
- Practice Name – Enter the oﬃcial name of the practice as you would like it to appear on WCEP materials.
- Principle – Select one of Character.org’s Eleven Principles that your practice best represents.
- Date of implementation – Select the year you began this practice, should have been in place for at least one full school year.
- Responses to three narrative questions – These responses will be used to evaluate your application.
- For WCEP, send one digital photo. If your practice is selected we will use it in our awards ceremony.